SAP Master Data Governance
With SAP MDG (Master Data Governance), SAP provides an integrated data management tool for the maintenance, validation and distribution of master data. Within the SAP Business Suite, it is highly compatible with your SAP ERP system. This integration accelerates the maintenance process, leads to a vast improvement in the quality of your master data and ensures the observance of legal requirements, for instance by reusing the checks already available in the ERP system. What’s more, automated workflows in SAP MDG facilitate the stabilization and acceleration of the maintenance and business processes.
On account of the volume of master data of up to 1 million data records per object, companies find themselves – in the wake of increasing size and internationalization – faced with the challenge of operating an efficient master data management system. Correct and reliable master data constitute the basis for all business processes. Discrepancies in payment terms, customer addresses or dangerous goods information can lead to significant delays in business processes (e.g. settlement of invoices, incorrect deliveries, etc.), or even lead to entire consignments of goods not reaching their destination. This not only harbors a huge financial risk for companies, but also increases the danger of making wrong business decisions on account of inconsistent data.
The complexity of a company is reflected in its master data and its governance: Master data maintenance takes place in companies primarily in heterogeneous system landscapes at global and local levels. Data are created and maintained globally and enriched with local characteristics. Added to this is the fact that the support of the maintenance process by automatic workflows has thus far not established itself completely, but chiefly in the area of material master data maintenance. Supplier, customer and financial master data tend not to be affected by this and already existing potential for optimization has not been exploited, although significant potential for optimization exists here too.
Using SAP MDG enables you to take on these challenges and to control all your master data processes uniformly and automatically.
Advantages of SAP MDG:
- Reuse individual, available SAP functionalities and data structures
- Use the standard SAP ERP checks
- Expandability and adaptation to customer-specific requirements
- User interfaces are adaptable, configurable and customizable with the aid of Floorplan Manager (ABAP Web Dynpro based)
- A rule-based workflow is integrated via BRFplus, which can be adapted quickly and individually and permits automated workflow control, e.g. with simple double verification principle
- Central generation and master data maintenance
- Harmonization and consolidation of the data in heterogeneous system landscapes
- Observance of compliance requirements
- Transparency on how master data influence business processes
- Transparency on responsibilities in the area of master data maintenance
As an expert consulting partner in the implementation of SAP MDG, Camelot ITLab supports you in the consolidation, harmonization and management of your financial, material/article, supplier and customer master data. We assist you in the selection of a solution perfectly matched to your needs by analyzing and evaluating your current system landscape and organizational structure. Subsequently, on the basis of the jointly defined requirements and specifications, we develop a corresponding IT design and implement it for the long term.