Custom design work and the need to extensively customize products to customer requirements typically add significant time and cost to the manufacture of engineer-to-order (ETO) products. The key here is to take control of small production batches with multiple variants and a large number of parts.
Considering that a considerable portion of the overall costs and lead times can be attributed to the early product stages, effective planning processes need to start here.
The following, however, often needs to be taken into account:
- Data structures do not support these planning processes; innovative applications that help stay on top of complex projects are often not available
- Function-centric planning and organizational structures often inhibit efficient project delivery
- Project planning (early project stages) and production planning (later project stages) are practically not synchronized at all
The innovative Camelot planning solution for ETO manufacturers addresses these specific aspects and helps solve them.
The Camelot ETO Solution helps companies improve their competitiveness. The solution delivers streamlined planning functionality and integrates all relevant data to provide end-to-end visibility into the ETO process from development to delivery. This enables companies to exploit synergies in planning and scheduling and to always provide definitive information on the status of customer orders.
- Significantly reduce lead times (up to 40%)
- Improve service levels (up to 30%)
- Reduce stock (by up to 25%)