Mannheim, 20 May 2016 – Market survey investigates the current usage of cloud solutions in procurement, implementation plans for the next 24 months and actual benefits in comparison with On-Premise tools.
Within the scope of the study ‚Cloud Computing in Procurement Departments – Do cloud tools „really“ live up to their promises?‘, the consultancy interviewed more than 150 decision-makers in procurement departments regarding software solutions currently and planned to be in use. Simultaneously, a ‚Business Value Analysis’ was conducted, comparing the actual benefit of cloud solutions with traditional On-Premise tools. Cloud solutions promising agility and flexibility prepare companies to master future challenges caused by digitization. These benefits tend to outweigh initial risks. 18 percent of questioned decision-makers already use cloud solutions and 32 percent plan to implement cloud software within the next 24 months.
Key findings of the survey:
- Cloud applications aren’t niche products anymore. Cloud solutions have arrived in the market and are quickly expanding.
- Cloud solutions live up to their promises regarding flexibility, easing operations and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Typical concerns – with the exception of data security – regarding available cloud solutions have been overcome and are not crucial to the decision-making process.
- Existing concerns about available software solutions for procurement are usually not directly related to the operating model.
- To secure an objective valuation of a suitable operating model for specific software solutions an individual approach is crucial.
Please click here to download the study.